General Terms of Entry
- Entry eligibility is open to anyone who complies with the entry conditions and procedures.
2a. Entry Restrictions: Entry is not available to any employees or close family of employees of companies or organisations associated with this promotion.
- The competition will be conducted during the Competition Period from the 13th September 2017 to 5pm on the 31st October 2017 at the discretion of the promoter.
- To enter the competition, entrants must follow the Entry Method during the Competition Period. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Competition Period. Entrants may submit one entry only.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, The Promoter has no control over communications networks or services, the Internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Any form of automated entry using any device or software is invalid.
- Three winners will be selected at random from all the eligible entrants. Competition will be drawn on 1st November 2017.
- There are 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes as follows:
- Two nights free accommodation for up to four people at Yallingup Beach Resort, 8 Valley Road Yallingup Western Australia - valued at $900
- 1 x 6ft Star Softboard - valued at $249.99
- 1 x Margaret River Unplugged Tour - valued at $165
Prizes will need to picked up from Star Surf + Skate Mandurah.
- The Prize is awarded under and subject to the terms and conditions of the competition, the terms and conditions of the Yallingup Beach Resort and (if applicable) Facebook Competition Terms and Conditions.
- The prize cannot be taken during peak periods i.e. during school holidays, public holiday long weekends or Easter and must be booked and completed as specified by the Promoter and/or the supplier of the prize.
10a. The prize is subject to accommodation availability and must be booked and taken within 120 days of receiving the prize.
10b. It is the winners responsibility to book the accommodation directly through the Yallingup Beach Resort Management (by phone 0437 002 383 or info@Yallingupbeachresort.com.au ) subject to availability and booking conditions within the competition terms and conditions and Yallingup Beach Resort terms and conditions.
10c. The winner or responsible adult will need to provide a valid credit card as a security deposit as per Yallingup Beach Resort Accommodation terms and Conditions.
10d. It is the winner and their companions responsibility to get themselves to Yallingup Beach Resort 8 Valley Road Yallingup Western Australia.
10e. It is the winners responsibility to familiarize themselves with what is provided at the Yallingup Beach Resort via their website or Facebook Page or through direct contact with management.
- The Prize must be taken on two consecutive nights at any time subject to the terms and conditions of the competition.
- Where a prize involves a winner under 18 years of age, the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian or the winners nominated adult.
- If a winner is under the age of 18, that person must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian or nominated responsible adult while taking the prize.
- The winner will be notified by the email and phone address that they supplied on entering the competition. Winners will also be announced on the Yallingup Beach Resort website and Facebook page.
- The winner has 7 days from the date and time of notification to claim their prize. If the winner does not claim their prize within the time frame it will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn from the same group of eligible entrants as soon as possible.
- The Promoter may in its absolute discretion prohibit an entrant’s participation in this competition, cancel a prize or otherwise cease to provide any benefit of a prize to a winner and their companion/s if the entrant or the winner (or their companion/s), in the opinion of the Promoter, is under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behaves aggressively or offensively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate (or of the business of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate), is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- If any prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date and Time, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws on the Unclaimed Prize Draw Date as are necessary to distribute the prize/s, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter may require the winner/s to provide identification as requested by the Promoter including (without limitation) proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
- No prize is transferable or exchangeable, nor can it be redeemed for cash. In the event for any reason a winner does not take an element of any prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State/s, if required. Without limiting the foregoing, the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, substitute cash for any prize (the amount of cash being equal to the prize value specified in the Prize Details).
21 The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies make no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any prize, or the failure of any prize to be of merchantable quality. If liability under terms implied by legislation cannot be excluded, the liability of the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies is limited to re-supplying the relevant goods or services or paying the cost of replacing them.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, telephone network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in each Relevant State, if required.
- Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or of these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in each Relevant State, if required.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this competition. By entering this competition, entrants consent to the storage of their personal information on the databases of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and the Promoter and its related bodies corporate may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding their products and services including contacting entrants via electronic messaging. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with entrants. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.
Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter and its related bodies corporate hold about them by contacting the Promoter at the address stated in the Schedule.
- Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these terms, the Schedule or in any advertisement relating to this Competition, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia.
- Where the competition is communicated on Facebook, entrants and participants in the competition acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and entrants and participants in the competition release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising from the competition. Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.